Are you overwhelmed, struggling to think
Do you feel nervous and anxious, and it’s
affecting you socially, mentally, physically?
Are you struggling to get out of bed in the
morning, or lost motivation
to do even the simplest things?
Perhaps you’re taking anti-depressant
medications, and now struggling with your weight?
You’re not alone.
Minds in Balance - mental health lifestyle and exercise program for stress, anxiety, depression
We just need to look at some stats to see how common mental health issues really are in our country:
- 45% of Australians will experience a mental health condition at some stage in their lives.
- 20% of us have struggled with a mental illness in the past year.
- 35% of us currently struggle with significant distress, most often it’s to do with our Finances, our Family, or our Health
- 26% of us have above normal anxiety, and 26% of Australians have severe depression
Our Exercise Physiologists at Health in Balance are trained specialists in lifestyle medicine for mental health management. We know exactly how to assess you, and work together with you to develop a health and well-being program that you’ll stick with.
Thank you so much for helping me with my program. You have motivated me heaps to continue to train, eat well and live a more balanced lifestyle. I have found Tom friendly, encouraging and patient with my needs. Thanks so much for your support
Catherine - Murrumbeena
Working with my exercise physiologist over the past 10 months has been a challenging but a rewarding experience. He has helped me gain greater insight into my chronic fatigue syndrome while instilling me with strategies to manage it.
Heath in balance's environment has been one of support, encouragement and guidance which has aided in times where my chronic fatigue has exacerbated.
They have been consistently positive and continue to provide me with much strength and optimism. My exercise physiologist is patient and understands my need to maintain my training which is vital to my recovery process.
He has been truly committed to working with me and I look forward to continue to work with him while focusing on overcoming my current health/training restrictions.
Elisheva - Caulfield
I have been referring my patients to Health In Balance since first meeting with Edouard and Daniel. I refer patients with diabetes, osteoarthritis, obesity, patients at risk of falls as well as any other chronic medical condition that will benefit from improved strength, balance and fitness.
It is not uncommon for my patients to opt to continue with their program at Health in Balance after their Medicare funded sessions have run out; this in itself is a great testament to the care and professionalism of the team.
I have always received excellent feedback from patients about the personalised services that the team at Health in Balance provides. For many elderly patients it is a reintroduction to exercise that they were fearful of making on their own.
It is a pleasure to work in partnership.
Dr Sharon Monagle, Beaumaris
Our patients have regularly used the services at Health in Balance and have been unanimously happy with the attention they receive and the good results of their care.
Dr Carl Jansz, Brighton
Let us help with your energy, stress levels, mood state, anxiety, and mental health
Our Minds in Balance ™ program at Health in Balance Caulfield South has been designed to provide you with the exact skills and knowledge you need to help you with your energy levels and mental health. We will:
- Work closely with your GP, and any other therapist (psychologist, psychotherapist, counsellor, psychiatrist) to ensure we’re all on the same page with where you want to be with your health
- Assess and analyse your lifestyle habits: sleep; stress; exercise and physical activity; nutrition; stress management techniques and coping strategies
- Assess your physical abilities using a range of proven testing techniques
- Set some realistic goals with you - talking about the impact they’ll have on your life
- Prescribe a targeted lifestyle plan, specific to you, that actually gets the results you want
- Be a constant support for you, being there when you need us