Type 2 Diabetes
Has your Doctor told you your blood sugars are too high?
Do you want to lose weight?
Do you want to avoid diabetes complications
blindness, heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, and
Diabetes management - exercise and nutrition program for health and well being
You’re not alone. Type 2 Diabetes is the epidemic of the 21st century, and it can take hold of your life if you let it.
1.2 million people are admitted to hospital each year, due to diabetes-related complications, and 11% of all Australian deaths cite diabetes as the underlying cause.
Our Exercise Physiologists at Health in Balance are trained specialists in prescribing exercise for type 2 diabetes. We know exactly how to assess you, improve your insulin function, help you to lose weight, improve your balance, fitness, and strength, and avoid the dreaded diabetes complications.
After my fall where I sustained a serious injury to my elbow requiring surgery and finding I had osteoporosis I consulted with Health in Balance to help my rehabilitation. I was impressed at their thorough approach taking into account my surgical and medical issues to plan an appropriate regime of sessions. It has always been varied interesting and has helped restore function and allow me to return to pre injury function as well as improving core stability and posture. I would recommend them to anyone with any medical or post surgical issues requiring a coordinated comprehensive approach that is not only beneficial but enjoyable.
Dr Peter J - Caulfield
Our patients have regularly used the services at Health in Balance and have been unanimously happy with the attention they receive and the good results of their care.
Dr Carl Jansz, Brighton
I have been referring my patients to Health In Balance since first meeting with Edouard and Daniel. I refer patients with diabetes, osteoarthritis, obesity, patients at risk of falls as well as any other chronic medical condition that will benefit from improved strength, balance and fitness.
It is not uncommon for my patients to opt to continue with their program at Health in Balance after their Medicare funded sessions have run out; this in itself is a great testament to the care and professionalism of the team.
I have always received excellent feedback from patients about the personalised services that the team at Health in Balance provides. For many elderly patients it is a reintroduction to exercise that they were fearful of making on their own.
It is a pleasure to work in partnership.
Dr Sharon Monagle, Beaumaris
Improve your blood sugars, strength, balance, and fitness for your diabetes, now!
Our DiaBeatIt! ™ program at Health in Balance has been designed to provide you with the exact skills and knowledge you need to take control of your diabetes:
Assessment and clinical gym induction: We will:
- Work closely with your GP, and any other specialist (endocrinologist, cardiologist, diabetes educator, dietitian), to ensure we’re all on the same page with your lifestyle plan and program
- Analyse and explain your blood results
- Assess and analyse your lifestyle habits: sleep; stress; exercise and physical activity; nutrition; stress management techniques / coping strategies
- Assess your physical abilities using a range of proven safe testing techniques: fitness, muscle mass, strength, power, balance and falls risk
- Set some realistic goals with you - talking about the impact they’ll have on your life
- Prescribe a safe and progressive exercise plan, for home
- Show you through your own personalised program, for you to complete in our modern clinic gym
- Be a constant support for you, being there when you need us
- Group sessions: You can then join our DiaBeatIt! ™ Group program for 8 x 60 minute sessions for you to complete your personalised program. Unlike fitness centres and personal training, our groups have a maximum of only 4 people. This means we can always keep an eye on you, which ensures your safety and benefit of the exercise training at all times.
DiaBeatIt! ™ is recognised under Medicare.