How to lose weight, change your shape, and keep it that way! - nutrition and lifestyle program
Are you fed up with the ever-changing
merry-go-round of nutrition information out there?
Have you tried dieting, eating plans, and
exercise routines, and still not seeing change on the scales,
your dress size,
and the way you feel?
Do you want something easy, that you can stick
You're not alone. 46% of Australian adults are trying hard to lose weight, but clearly the methods are not effective. 67% of Australians are overweight or obese, and this number continues to grow every year. The advice to “eat less, exercise more”, is not working.
Our Exercise Physiologists at Health in Balance are trained specialists in weight management. We know exactly how to assess you, improve your hormone function, help you to lose weight and keep it off, and avoid illnesses like diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
Thank you so much for helping me with my program. You have motivated me heaps to continue to train, eat well and live a more balanced lifestyle. I have found Tom friendly, encouraging and patient with my needs. Thanks so much for your support
Catherine - Murrumbeena
After my fall where I sustained a serious injury to my elbow requiring surgery and finding I had osteoporosis I consulted with Health in Balance to help my rehabilitation. I was impressed at their thorough approach taking into account my surgical and medical issues to plan an appropriate regime of sessions. It has always been varied interesting and has helped restore function and allow me to return to pre injury function as well as improving core stability and posture. I would recommend them to anyone with any medical or post surgical issues requiring a coordinated comprehensive approach that is not only beneficial but enjoyable.
Dr Peter J - Caulfield
I have been referring my patients to Health In Balance since first meeting with Edouard and Daniel. I refer patients with diabetes, osteoarthritis, obesity, patients at risk of falls as well as any other chronic medical condition that will benefit from improved strength, balance and fitness. It is not uncommon for my patients to opt to continue with their program at Health in Balance after their Medicare funded sessions have run out; this in itself is a great testament to the care and professionalism of the team. I have always received excellent feedback from patients about the personalised services that the team at Health in Balance provides. For many elderly patients it is a reintroduction to exercise that they were fearful of making on their own. It is a pleasure to work in partnership.
Dr Sharon Monagle, Beaumaris
Our patients have regularly used the services at Health in Balance and have been unanimously happy with the attention they receive and the good results of their care.
Dr Carl Jansz, Brighton
Let us help with your weight loss plan, body shape, and energy!
Our Energy in Balance ™ program at Health in Balance has been designed to provide you with the exact skills and knowledge you need to help you lose weight and change your shape. We will:
- Work closely with your GP, and any other specialist (endocrinologist, dietitian / nutritionist, diabetes educator), to ensure we’re all on the same page with your lifestyle plan and program
- Analyse and explain blood results you have
- Assess and analyse your lifestyle habits: sleep; stress; exercise and physical activity; nutrition; stress management techniques / coping strategies
- Assess your weight and body composition using a range of proven testing techniques
- Assess your physical abilities using a range of proven safe testing techniques: fitness, muscle mass, strength, power, and balance
- Set some realistic goals with you - talking about the impact they’ll have on your life
- Prescribe a targeted lifestyle plan, specific to you, that actually gets the results you want
- Be a constant support for you, being there when you need us