Do you want to start moving again?
Do you need help with changing your lifestyle: sleep, nutrition, stress management, exercise?
Or do you want to tailor what you’re currently doing to best suit your body, and your needs?
Personalised 1-1 Exercise Physiology and Lifestyle Coaching - for Health and Well-Being
We know that every body, and every brain is different. So everyone needs an individual and unique lifestyle plan, that’s best suited to you!
It was with some reservation and anxiety that I agreed to attend Health in Balance to see an exercise physiologist.
However these feelings disappeared fast as my exercise physiologist conducted my initial assessment. His professional and approachable manner put me at ease. Over the past 6 months his encouragement and his firm yet non-judgmental approach has given me the confidence to work on my exercise program and make adjustments to my eating habits.
He works with my strengths and with his constructive positive feedback he pushes me to want to do better I wouldn’t hesitant to recommend Health in Balance.
Jenni - St Kilda East
1-1 Exercise Physiology sessions are the best place to begin your health and well-being program
How do I get started?
So that we can help you best, we need to know you inside out. We start with a really thorough initial assessment. We Will Discuss and Find Out:
- What’s motivating you to start a program?
- What has worked for you in the past, and what doesn’t work?
- Your medical and injury history
- Goal setting, and mapping the steps we’ll take together
- Movement screening
- Testing of your strength, flexibility, balance, and joint function, using proven techniques
Now that we know you, we can work on a health and lifestyle program together to get you to your health goals.
Your appointments may involve:
- physical activity sessions in our private clinic gym: fitness; strength and resistance training; balance; and mobility
- sitting in our consultation rooms, counseling and coaching you through lifestyle changes
- or a combination of the two
How often should I attend?
We will provide you with a recommended treatment plan, with our suggested roadmap of session frequency. Our clients attend:
- as regularly as 1-3 x per week
- as intermittently as 3 x per year
The exercises have been carefully selected and graded to meet my current level of fitness while gradually extending my strength. I am enjoying a noticeably increased range of movement throughout my body and feel confident to attempt exercises that I previously regarded as beyond my ability.
Felicia - Bentleigh East